Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bitter taste?

Bitter taste like the Singapore sling?

How come some maneuvers feel like they got a bitter taste? I just can´t understand it. Most of the things I practice at makes it feel easier and easier by time. Take piroflipping for an example. I was trying them in the simulator for a month or two until I felt confident enough to take them to real life. Then it was taking me another 3-4 months until they felt okey, at least not scary, to do each and every flight. And it sure took me more then a year to be able to them on the deck. This has been they case for many of the tricks in my book. So how come some of the things I practice at never gets to the point when they feel natural to do? Rolling circle, both forward and backward, is a typically example of that. I´ve been doing them in the sim for almost two years with absolutely no problems and out on the field the last year. Okey, they look a lot better now then last summer but still a long way from looking good. It seems like it does not matter how many times I do them, I´m stuck. Singapore sling is also one of the maneuvers which I never seem to be able to do perfect. And I actually never tried the drink. So at my recent holiday in Egypt I ordered a Singapore sling drink to see what the taste was like. It was really bad and bitter. That moment reminded me about the bitter taste of some maneuvers. But shame to the one who gives up. Practice makes perfect so you will definitely see me out on the model flying field practicing these awful maneuvers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’ve been meaning to read this and just never got a chance. It’s an issue that I’m very interested in, I just started reading and I’m glad I did. You’re a fantastic blogger, 1 of the most effective that I’ve seen. This article definitely has some details on topic that I just wasn’t aware of. Thanks for bringing this stuff to light. I find myself coming to your blog more and more often to the point where my visits are almost daily now! freshwater pearl jewelry is our love. So graceful and elegant pearl pendant. And they always draw ladies’ attention no matter where. Hope you can do more and I'll keep an eye on crystal pendant.