Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Weekend session!


 
The weather was okey - but not really inspiring...
 
Another day with practice is over. 7 packs were flown during the 3 hours I was at the field today. I mainly focused on freestyles and tried to do my transitions a little bit tighter than usual. It is really a challenge to do a freestyle which is both smooth and at the same time trying to keep the flow and tempo up.  When you compete in F3N you got at a minimum 3 minutes and maximum 4 minutes to do your freestyle flight.  Every time I fly it feels like the time is going super-fast and when the 3:30 mark is up not half of my moves are done. So one of my main focuses next year will be to “maximize” my freestyles without starting to fly stressed and unsmooth. I want to be able to complete more maneuvers in shorter time. It takes a lot of practice because all moves have to be done 100% according to your original plan. If you miss the line and end a maneuver a few meters away from your flight line our entire program can be out of phase. So to be at the level when you can fly a program time after time and make it look exactly the same you need to both practice and really know the moves you do.
Today I dedicated one flight to a, for me, new set maneuver. It is called pirofunnel reversal and is kind of hard to do well. It is a K10 so it got many positions in which the judges can give you downgrades. You shall do a complete circle including 4 pirouettes with a reversal every “15 minutes” (if you think of the circle as a clock). The biggest challenge is the timing of the reversal at the right position. If you pirouette to fast or slow you will not make it as it´s supposed to look like. I did it 6-7 times with quite good luck. A few times it actually looked decent! But I will keep on trying this move during the winter so hopefully I will master it until next spring!


No comments: