Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Plastic servo gears.

I have both good and bad experience with Futaba 9650 servos. The good thing is that they are cheap to buy and really works well for helis with 425 mm blades. I used them in a Compass Atom 500 last summer for hundreds of flights and they worked flawless.

The only problem is the plastic servo gears. They seem really brittle. On the Atom 500 I did a little rought auto rotation landing and the blades just touched the ground and I stripped 2 out of 3 servos. Strange. never happend to any of my bigger machines. This year I did one more try and put some 9650´s in my Togo 400. This time they stripped in the air which resulted in a crash. Not a bad one, but still not fun to do a rebuild. I guess the cold air made the gears more fragile. But should still be able to stand the abuse from soft 3D flyging. So my tips is to but the after market metall gears (made for MKS 9660) and then don´t worry about the gears at all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I honestly like reading your posts, thank you! Many people are like loose pearls much, Ladies are crazy about freshwater pearl jewelry. If you are interested in pearl strands, just come to know more things. We hope we can offer you any help. Hope you can do more article and I'll keep an eye on you.