Pages

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Stronger gears!

New gears for the Trex 700e – a good and well longed upgrade!
Some pilots have been experience problems with the tailshaft on the Trex 700e DFC. The problem has occurred as vibrations which have weakened the shaft which eventually snaps off.  Align addressed the problem quite fast and have now come up with a solution. They have made a new shaft which is 6 mm all the way and new and stronger hub. I am now up to 170 flights on my heli and have had no problems what so ever. An indication of the dangerous vibes is a typically high resonance sound. Mine have been quite all the time and it seems that just a few pilots been affected. I will change to the new parts as soon as they are released just to be on the safe side. I would be really pissed at myself if I crashed due to a known problem which I neglected. I will report back as soon as I have the new tailshaft and the new stronger TT gears.  

No comments: