Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Keyboard warriors!


Too many keyboard warriors!

I use to be a big fan of the message boards, or forum as many refer them to. They use to be a great place to gather information and share experiences about our hobby. And they can still be. But the last year I totally lost all interest in posting anything at all. There are too many keyboards fighters entering the threads with a hostile approach. How come? Just too many threads ending up with nonsense and speculations. And it is mostly newcomers throwing out advice about this and that. That appears really strange to me. I don´t know, but my approach always been to not post about anything I haven’t tried by me self. So nowadays it can be hard to find relevant information. And how should you know which advice to trust? Too many writers forget about the fact the not all have the same knowledge and economical basis. If something works for you doesn’t mean it going to work out for everyone else. All the jibbers about nothing and newbies speculating and giving advices with no real life experiences really make the forums a playground for catfights. Maybe I am just ranting, but what I want to say is that sometimes it is better to shut up. I never ever take part of a thread which includes VS in the title. Of course all pilots are proud of what they fly but many times this pride becomes ridiculous.  No bad things if you are a field rep or just a fan boy, but you don´t need to get bruises on your knees to make your brand, and their hangarounds, happy. Why don´t you just try to be a good example and act like a grown up? There is a reason why the pros and super good pilots stay away from the forums. They let their flying and wrenching knowledge speaks for itself. It sounds like a good idea to me. I still want to help newcomers and at the same time share my findings regarding new and interesting products. So I post less and less. But the less I post, the more I fly!

No comments: