Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Jive 120HV stopped working

 
My Jive 120Hv suddenly stopped working
 
 
Last week I visited my field for some afternoon night flight. I did two sucessfull flights and when I was about to do my third I noticed my Esc didn´t beeped when I connected the power cables. Really strange. I saw an error code of 9 blinks. When I got back home I looked at the Kontronik website and 9 blinks meant "over current". I tried several diffrent battery packs but always got the same error code. So my only option now is to send it back to Germany and hope the service fee ain´t too high. Just shipping is 40 euros.
 
Finding a brand with ESC´s that is 100% bulletproof is totally impossible. I have been using Kontronik the past years because they are (quite) realiable and super easy to program. But they are not perfect. Last month a friend of mine had a Heli Jive go POOF on first spool up. And on version 7 the problem with lost settings where not uncommon. But most of the times it is set and forget. A few years ago I used some Caste ESC´s and like them, but I still thinks it is to much of hassle with all settings and parameters. When I had Vbars I used, and loved, the govenor. The only downside was to find a combination of esc´s and motors that worked well togheter. One brand I neve tried but heard many good things about is YGE. They seem to have good quality and the only missing feature is a good internal bec.
 
Now I hope the turn around time at Kontronik is short. I want my ESC back so I can continue the night flying! 

No comments: